It’s not Cecil the lion but Solomon the lion.
Grey Stafford from the Wildlife World Zoo brought the two-and-a-half-month old male lion to the KTAR studios. The African lion makes his home in the Valley.
Chowing down on a bucket of raw meat, the male lion sat in Stafford’s lap. This was Solomon’s last visit. At two and a half months when they start eating meat, the lions start to grow quickly, and keepers start working less and less with them in free contact.
The keepers build relationships still with the lions, and it’s safe to say Solomon is here in the Valley to stay.
Mac & Gaydos
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix Zoo welcomes 4-year-old tiger from Washington state
- Penzone: Campaigns should focus on what candidates stand for
- Valley zoo welcomes two endangered penguin chicks to the world
- Gov. Ducey supports Flake’s request to delay vote for FBI investigation
- Look back on a decade of the Mac & Gaydos show