Police recovered two pipe bombs while serving a search warrant at an apartment complex on Wednesday, the Peoria Police Department said.
Police executed the search warrant at the Visions Serenity apartment complex, located at 13720 N. 88th Ave., in Peoria and found more than just drugs.
After entering one of the units, police discovered two pipe bombs.
The Glendale bomb squad was called in and, with the assistance of the ATF, the pipe bombs were safely removed and disposed of.
Two suspects, Steven May and Alyssa Smith, were arrested on drug charges. Police said the suspects could face further explosive-related charges.
Police confiscated an undisclosed amount of heroin and cash.
Fifteen residents were evacuated after the explosives were found.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick