Police recovered two pipe bombs while serving a search warrant at an apartment complex on Wednesday, the Peoria Police Department said.
Police executed the search warrant at the Visions Serenity apartment complex, located at 13720 N. 88th Ave., in Peoria and found more than just drugs.
After entering one of the units, police discovered two pipe bombs.
The Glendale bomb squad was called in and, with the assistance of the ATF, the pipe bombs were safely removed and disposed of.
Two suspects, Steven May and Alyssa Smith, were arrested on drug charges. Police said the suspects could face further explosive-related charges.
Police confiscated an undisclosed amount of heroin and cash.
Fifteen residents were evacuated after the explosives were found.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development