DICKINSON, N.D. — A freshman college linebacker has been kicked off the North Dakota State College of Sciences football team in Wahpeton for kissing his 65-year-old boyfriend over Labor Day weekend.
According to the Associated Press, Jamie Kuntz, 18, was in the press box with his boyfriend at a game against Snow College in Pueblo, Colo. when the kiss happened. A teammate saw the kiss and told the coaching staff.
College officials said Kuntz was disciplined, but not for being gay. According to football coach Chuck Parsons, Kuntz was removed for lying about the kiss.
Kuntz told Parsons after being confronted that the man he kissed was his grandfather, but then later came clean.
“I know if it was a girl in the press box, or even an older woman, nothing would have happened,” he said. “If it was an older woman, I would have probably been congratulated for it from my teammates.”
Officials of the college are looking into if this was the first time someone was kicked off the football team for lying.
Kuntz doesn’t believe that he was dismissed just for lying.
Kuntz, who was on a partial football scholarship, left the school after being kicked off the team.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon