DICKINSON, N.D. — A freshman college linebacker has been kicked off the North Dakota State College of Sciences football team in Wahpeton for kissing his 65-year-old boyfriend over Labor Day weekend.
According to the Associated Press, Jamie Kuntz, 18, was in the press box with his boyfriend at a game against Snow College in Pueblo, Colo. when the kiss happened. A teammate saw the kiss and told the coaching staff.
College officials said Kuntz was disciplined, but not for being gay. According to football coach Chuck Parsons, Kuntz was removed for lying about the kiss.
Kuntz told Parsons after being confronted that the man he kissed was his grandfather, but then later came clean.
“I know if it was a girl in the press box, or even an older woman, nothing would have happened,” he said. “If it was an older woman, I would have probably been congratulated for it from my teammates.”
Officials of the college are looking into if this was the first time someone was kicked off the football team for lying.
Kuntz doesn’t believe that he was dismissed just for lying.
Kuntz, who was on a partial football scholarship, left the school after being kicked off the team.
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof