DICKINSON, N.D. — A freshman college linebacker has been kicked off the North Dakota State College of Sciences football team in Wahpeton for kissing his 65-year-old boyfriend over Labor Day weekend.
According to the Associated Press, Jamie Kuntz, 18, was in the press box with his boyfriend at a game against Snow College in Pueblo, Colo. when the kiss happened. A teammate saw the kiss and told the coaching staff.
College officials said Kuntz was disciplined, but not for being gay. According to football coach Chuck Parsons, Kuntz was removed for lying about the kiss.
Kuntz told Parsons after being confronted that the man he kissed was his grandfather, but then later came clean.
“I know if it was a girl in the press box, or even an older woman, nothing would have happened,” he said. “If it was an older woman, I would have probably been congratulated for it from my teammates.”
Officials of the college are looking into if this was the first time someone was kicked off the football team for lying.
Kuntz doesn’t believe that he was dismissed just for lying.
Kuntz, who was on a partial football scholarship, left the school after being kicked off the team.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns