PHOENIX — The Border Patrol will open its new station in Naco on Tuesday, named in honor of agent Brian Terry who was killed almost two years ago in a shootout with Mexican bandits in southern Arizona.
Robert Heyer said his cousin would have been honored.
“It’s quite fitting. The old Naco station was Brian’s first duty station as a border agent. Brian would have been humbled. I can see him grinning to himself and I’m sure he’s looking down with a lot of pride.
The station will be home to almost 500 agents.
Two of the guns recovered at the scene of Terry’s murder were bought by a member of a gun-smuggling ring that was being monitored in the Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms’ Fast and Furious investigation.
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona