Former Quartzsite Police Chief Jeff Gilbert was informed Tuesday while on vacation that he was being terminated from his position, the city said in a release.
According to the certified letter sent to Gilbert, he was fired for multiple reasons, including gross negligence, insubordination, willful misconduct and poor attitude.
The letter alleged that Gilbert left his home numerous times during prohibited hours without permission while on administrative leave, failed to seek out further training and communicating with both officers who filed a complaint against him and the press.
The city also alleged that an employee performed thousands of needless and illegal searches on state systems and Gilbert either lied about being ignorant of the searches or was unaware of the search due to negligence.
A DPS investigation into Gilbert is unrelated to his dismissal, the city said.
Gilbert has 10 days to appeal his termination.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick