Country star Taylor Swift has written a song about an Arizona boy who died just before his fourth birthday.
Ronan Thompson was diagnosed with neuroblastoma, a terminal pediatric cancer, when he was three. As he battled the cancer, his mother, Maya Thompson, turned to the Internet to tell her child’s story.
When Swift came across Thompson’s blog, she contacted her and said she wanted to write a song about Ronan’s fight.
“She started reading my blog that I write, RockstarRonan.com, about a year ago and she basically took the words form my blog and my very own words kind of about what we’ve gone through and she put them into a song for us,” Thompson told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Karie & Chuck on Monday.
Thompson said Swift’s song, performed over the weekend at a Stand Up To Cancer benefit, has preserved the memory of her son in a way she never thought possible.
“She basically is keeping him alive…I don’t even have words,” she said.
Swift’s song is available in the iTunes store.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy