Country star Taylor Swift has written a song about an Arizona boy who died just before his fourth birthday.
Ronan Thompson was diagnosed with neuroblastoma, a terminal pediatric cancer, when he was three. As he battled the cancer, his mother, Maya Thompson, turned to the Internet to tell her child’s story.
When Swift came across Thompson’s blog, she contacted her and said she wanted to write a song about Ronan’s fight.
“She started reading my blog that I write, RockstarRonan.com, about a year ago and she basically took the words form my blog and my very own words kind of about what we’ve gone through and she put them into a song for us,” Thompson told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Karie & Chuck on Monday.
Thompson said Swift’s song, performed over the weekend at a Stand Up To Cancer benefit, has preserved the memory of her son in a way she never thought possible.
“She basically is keeping him alive…I don’t even have words,” she said.
Swift’s song is available in the iTunes store.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development