Country star Taylor Swift has written a song about an Arizona boy who died just before his fourth birthday.
Ronan Thompson was diagnosed with neuroblastoma, a terminal pediatric cancer, when he was three. As he battled the cancer, his mother, Maya Thompson, turned to the Internet to tell her child’s story.
When Swift came across Thompson’s blog, she contacted her and said she wanted to write a song about Ronan’s fight.
“She started reading my blog that I write, RockstarRonan.com, about a year ago and she basically took the words form my blog and my very own words kind of about what we’ve gone through and she put them into a song for us,” Thompson told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Karie & Chuck on Monday.
Thompson said Swift’s song, performed over the weekend at a Stand Up To Cancer benefit, has preserved the memory of her son in a way she never thought possible.
“She basically is keeping him alive…I don’t even have words,” she said.
Swift’s song is available in the iTunes store.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.