A man was rescued after driving into a flooded wash near Goodyear.
The man was stuck on top of a utility truck in the middle of a flooded wash at 155th Ave. and Riggs Rd.
While the man was driving, he miscalculated the severity of the conditions ahead of him.
“When he came across there, there were just a few mud puddles. So he went to get across there and said he just got stuck in the mud,” Goodyear Battalion Fire Chief Russ Braden said.
The situation was certainly hazardous, considering the water level.
“At one point, the water was about four feet deep up the side of the vehicle,” Phoenix Fire Cpt. Scott Walker told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Mac & Gaydos.
Goodyear, Phoenix, Avondale and Glendale assisted in the rescue that began at about 4:30 p.m. and took a little over two hours to complete.
Braden said rescuers have to assess any rescue immediately to keep everyone safe.
“At this point we don’t know if they’re good swimmers or not, if they’re afraid of the water,” Braden said. “We really don’t know. Sometimes with the rush of water, it’s hard to talk to them.”
The man was not treated for injuries.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon