A man was rescued after driving into a flooded wash near Goodyear.
The man was stuck on top of a utility truck in the middle of a flooded wash at 155th Ave. and Riggs Rd.
While the man was driving, he miscalculated the severity of the conditions ahead of him.
“When he came across there, there were just a few mud puddles. So he went to get across there and said he just got stuck in the mud,” Goodyear Battalion Fire Chief Russ Braden said.
The situation was certainly hazardous, considering the water level.
“At one point, the water was about four feet deep up the side of the vehicle,” Phoenix Fire Cpt. Scott Walker told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Mac & Gaydos.
Goodyear, Phoenix, Avondale and Glendale assisted in the rescue that began at about 4:30 p.m. and took a little over two hours to complete.
Braden said rescuers have to assess any rescue immediately to keep everyone safe.
“At this point we don’t know if they’re good swimmers or not, if they’re afraid of the water,” Braden said. “We really don’t know. Sometimes with the rush of water, it’s hard to talk to them.”
The man was not treated for injuries.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments