Operators at Triple-A of Arizona are staying busy fielding calls about the state’s new booster seat law.
“Since the provision went into effect, Triple-A received calls on a daily basis from parents and caregivers about the new provision,” said Michelle Donati, spokeswoman for Triple-A of Arizona.
Donati said, partly based on the volume of calls, they’ve compiled a list on their website of frequently asked questions. She said the information is easy to read and understand, compared to reading the state statute.
The new provision, enacted on Aug. 2, requires children younger than 8-years-old or less than 4-foot-9 to sit in a child-safety seat, such as a booster seat, when riding in a vehicle.
Violators are subject to a $50 penalty under the latest requirements, but the fine can be avoided if the person later equips the vehicle with a restraint system.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, proper use of a safety seat can reduce a child’s fatality risk up to 71 percent.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food