Operators at Triple-A of Arizona are staying busy fielding calls about the state’s new booster seat law.
“Since the provision went into effect, Triple-A received calls on a daily basis from parents and caregivers about the new provision,” said Michelle Donati, spokeswoman for Triple-A of Arizona.
Donati said, partly based on the volume of calls, they’ve compiled a list on their website of frequently asked questions. She said the information is easy to read and understand, compared to reading the state statute.
The new provision, enacted on Aug. 2, requires children younger than 8-years-old or less than 4-foot-9 to sit in a child-safety seat, such as a booster seat, when riding in a vehicle.
Violators are subject to a $50 penalty under the latest requirements, but the fine can be avoided if the person later equips the vehicle with a restraint system.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, proper use of a safety seat can reduce a child’s fatality risk up to 71 percent.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain