Operators at Triple-A of Arizona are staying busy fielding calls about the state’s new booster seat law.
“Since the provision went into effect, Triple-A received calls on a daily basis from parents and caregivers about the new provision,” said Michelle Donati, spokeswoman for Triple-A of Arizona.
Donati said, partly based on the volume of calls, they’ve compiled a list on their website of frequently asked questions. She said the information is easy to read and understand, compared to reading the state statute.
The new provision, enacted on Aug. 2, requires children younger than 8-years-old or less than 4-foot-9 to sit in a child-safety seat, such as a booster seat, when riding in a vehicle.
Violators are subject to a $50 penalty under the latest requirements, but the fine can be avoided if the person later equips the vehicle with a restraint system.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, proper use of a safety seat can reduce a child’s fatality risk up to 71 percent.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.