Operators at Triple-A of Arizona are staying busy fielding calls about the state’s new booster seat law.
“Since the provision went into effect, Triple-A received calls on a daily basis from parents and caregivers about the new provision,” said Michelle Donati, spokeswoman for Triple-A of Arizona.
Donati said, partly based on the volume of calls, they’ve compiled a list on their website of frequently asked questions. She said the information is easy to read and understand, compared to reading the state statute.
The new provision, enacted on Aug. 2, requires children younger than 8-years-old or less than 4-foot-9 to sit in a child-safety seat, such as a booster seat, when riding in a vehicle.
Violators are subject to a $50 penalty under the latest requirements, but the fine can be avoided if the person later equips the vehicle with a restraint system.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, proper use of a safety seat can reduce a child’s fatality risk up to 71 percent.
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona