PHOENIX – Valley residents are taking to the road this holiday weekend and it appears rising gas prices are slowing them down.
TripAdvisor released the results of its Labor Day and fall travel survey of more than 1,400 U.S. respondents.
“Twenty-seven percent are planning to travel this Labor Day weekend, up from 22 percent who traveled for the holiday last year, 64 percent expect to drive, and 31 percent plan to fly,” Lesley Carlin, Travel Expert from TripAdvisor said.
For Phoenix-area residents yet to make their Labor Day travel plans, TripAdvisor has identified five great Labor Day getaways for Phoenix travelers within 200 miles.
The top results based on recently top searched travel spots by Phoenix area locals on TripAdvisor.com:
1. Sedona, AZ
2. Flagstaff, AZ
3. Tucson, AZ
4. Prescott, AZ
5. Puerto Penasco in Mexico
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode