PHOENIX – The Arizona Diamondbacks say they don’t know when Mark Grace will return to the broadcast booth.
Grace was placed on a leave of absence last week after he was arrested a second time on a DUI charge.
Diamondbacks President and CEO Derrick Hall said he learned of the arrest from Grace himself.
“Mark called me the night after, unfortunately, he was pulled over,” Hall said. “He had actually asked for some time off for some personal help, and I’m glad he did. It was a situation where we probably would have had taken action, maybe an indefinite suspension, until we see how the process plays out legally.”
Hall said that Grace regrets his actions that led to this unfortunate incident.
“Nobody feels worse than he does,” Hall said. “I’m just glad that everybody was safe, himself included, others included. We’ll just see how it plays out now after this.”
Hall said that with just 33 games remaining in the regular season, it’s possible that Grace may not return to the broadcasts this year.
Meanwhile, TV play-by-play voice Darron Sutton is still suspended.
“It remains the same, an indefinite suspension there,” Hall said.
When asked why Sutton was suspended, Hall said “It’s a personnel issue, and, because of that, we really can’t discuss it publicly. It wouldn’t be fair to him, and wouldn’t be fair to us.”
Hall said that he hopes Diamondback fans understand why the team has decided not to reveal why Sutton was suspended.
He said that Greg Schulte on television and Jeff Munn on Arizona Sports 620 have stepped up to the plate and done a great job amidst the broadcast booth turmoil.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon