PHOENIX – The Arizona Diamondbacks say they don’t know when Mark Grace will return to the broadcast booth.
Grace was placed on a leave of absence last week after he was arrested a second time on a DUI charge.
Diamondbacks President and CEO Derrick Hall said he learned of the arrest from Grace himself.
“Mark called me the night after, unfortunately, he was pulled over,” Hall said. “He had actually asked for some time off for some personal help, and I’m glad he did. It was a situation where we probably would have had taken action, maybe an indefinite suspension, until we see how the process plays out legally.”
Hall said that Grace regrets his actions that led to this unfortunate incident.
“Nobody feels worse than he does,” Hall said. “I’m just glad that everybody was safe, himself included, others included. We’ll just see how it plays out now after this.”
Hall said that with just 33 games remaining in the regular season, it’s possible that Grace may not return to the broadcasts this year.
Meanwhile, TV play-by-play voice Darron Sutton is still suspended.
“It remains the same, an indefinite suspension there,” Hall said.
When asked why Sutton was suspended, Hall said “It’s a personnel issue, and, because of that, we really can’t discuss it publicly. It wouldn’t be fair to him, and wouldn’t be fair to us.”
Hall said that he hopes Diamondback fans understand why the team has decided not to reveal why Sutton was suspended.
He said that Greg Schulte on television and Jeff Munn on Arizona Sports 620 have stepped up to the plate and done a great job amidst the broadcast booth turmoil.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments