Arizona Diamondbacks broadcaster Mark Grace was arrested for a DUI on Thursday night and he could be looking at an extended stay in prison.
After consulting with a Valley attorney, KTAR has learned that if Grace is convicted of his second DUI within the past seven years, that he would be sentenced to a mandatory 90 days in jail, 60 of which could be suspended if he attends alcohol classes.
If Grace is convicted of an aggravated DUI, a felony, he would get prison time, though it is unclear how long he would be sentenced to, as the time given is dependent on numerous variables. The average sentence in these cases is 2.5 years.
When police made contact, they determined that Grace was driving without his interlock device, which is a Class 4 felony. A conviction of driving without the required interlock carries a prison sentence of one year to 3.75 years, followed by probation.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development