Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio will address a large audience of delegates at the Republican National Convention in Tampa on Thursday, but the sheriff won’t be delivering his speech on center stage.
The invitation-only reception for delegates from Western states will be held at the Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa, where Arpaio plans to talk about the birther movement, among other things.
“I may calm it down a bit, but I will zero in on immigration and maybe if they ask about the birth certificate, which is still under investigation,” he said.
Arpaio also said illegal immigration will be his focus because the president has reinvented the problem by allowing thousands of young illegal immigrants to stay in the United States.
“Illegal immigration is back in action again, which makes me happy, because it was dying and everybody wants it to die on both sides,” he said.
Arpaio said he expects a healthy number of protestors to be at his appearance.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them