Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio will address a large audience of delegates at the Republican National Convention in Tampa on Thursday, but the sheriff won’t be delivering his speech on center stage.
The invitation-only reception for delegates from Western states will be held at the Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa, where Arpaio plans to talk about the birther movement, among other things.
“I may calm it down a bit, but I will zero in on immigration and maybe if they ask about the birth certificate, which is still under investigation,” he said.
Arpaio also said illegal immigration will be his focus because the president has reinvented the problem by allowing thousands of young illegal immigrants to stay in the United States.
“Illegal immigration is back in action again, which makes me happy, because it was dying and everybody wants it to die on both sides,” he said.
Arpaio said he expects a healthy number of protestors to be at his appearance.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development