PHOENIX — The Parents Television Council said it has found a “shocking” spike in nudity during primetime television.
The number of TV scenes containing nudity is up 400 percent from last year and it’s being shown earlier. That figure includes scenes with pixilated or blurred nudity. But child-behavior expert Deanne Davies said she has bigger worries.
“I am more concerned with the amount of ‘f-bombs’ than I am nudity on television,” she said.
The Parents Television Council found that audiences are hearing 2,400 percent more muted f-bombs than we did in 2005.
Davies said parents should be aware of what their children are watching and decide what they are allowed to watch based on their own values.
While Davies may not be as concerned about nudity, she is worried about kids and the amount of porn available.
“Whenever we cross the line into pornography, however the family defines that, it is an area of concern,” she said.
The Federal Communications Commission has a backlog of more than 1.5 million indecency complaints.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas