PHOENIX — The Parents Television Council said it has found a “shocking” spike in nudity during primetime television.
The number of TV scenes containing nudity is up 400 percent from last year and it’s being shown earlier. That figure includes scenes with pixilated or blurred nudity. But child-behavior expert Deanne Davies said she has bigger worries.
“I am more concerned with the amount of ‘f-bombs’ than I am nudity on television,” she said.
The Parents Television Council found that audiences are hearing 2,400 percent more muted f-bombs than we did in 2005.
Davies said parents should be aware of what their children are watching and decide what they are allowed to watch based on their own values.
While Davies may not be as concerned about nudity, she is worried about kids and the amount of porn available.
“Whenever we cross the line into pornography, however the family defines that, it is an area of concern,” she said.
The Federal Communications Commission has a backlog of more than 1.5 million indecency complaints.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them