Parents with children under 18 feel less secure in their jobs and levels of savings than adults without children or whose children are grown, as shown in a new survey by Bankrate.com.
When it comes to job security, 22 percent of parents with kids under the age of 18 feel less security than last year, compared with 13 percent of adults with no kids younger than 18.
On the topic of money in savings, 11 percent of fathers with children younger than 18 are more comfortable with their savings now than last year, compared with 22 percent of other men.
The numbers overall are better than in previous months, but still not high enough to indicate that people feel better about their jobs, savings, debt, net worth and overall financial situation than last year.
“All five components of the Financial Security Index … rose this month, but that was not enough to tip the index back into positive territory,” said Greg McBride, CFA, Bankrate.com’s senior financial analyst about the survey.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night