Parents with children under 18 feel less secure in their jobs and levels of savings than adults without children or whose children are grown, as shown in a new survey by Bankrate.com.
When it comes to job security, 22 percent of parents with kids under the age of 18 feel less security than last year, compared with 13 percent of adults with no kids younger than 18.
On the topic of money in savings, 11 percent of fathers with children younger than 18 are more comfortable with their savings now than last year, compared with 22 percent of other men.
The numbers overall are better than in previous months, but still not high enough to indicate that people feel better about their jobs, savings, debt, net worth and overall financial situation than last year.
“All five components of the Financial Security Index … rose this month, but that was not enough to tip the index back into positive territory,” said Greg McBride, CFA, Bankrate.com’s senior financial analyst about the survey.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick