Parents with children under 18 feel less secure in their jobs and levels of savings than adults without children or whose children are grown, as shown in a new survey by Bankrate.com.
When it comes to job security, 22 percent of parents with kids under the age of 18 feel less security than last year, compared with 13 percent of adults with no kids younger than 18.
On the topic of money in savings, 11 percent of fathers with children younger than 18 are more comfortable with their savings now than last year, compared with 22 percent of other men.
The numbers overall are better than in previous months, but still not high enough to indicate that people feel better about their jobs, savings, debt, net worth and overall financial situation than last year.
“All five components of the Financial Security Index … rose this month, but that was not enough to tip the index back into positive territory,” said Greg McBride, CFA, Bankrate.com’s senior financial analyst about the survey.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.