FOUNTAIN HILLS, Ariz. – Some Fountain Hills businesses are calling for more action from one of the Valley’s most famous landmarks.
For 15 minutes every hour between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m., the fountain centerpiece of the town shoots water more than 300 feet into the air. The fountain has three pumps. If all three are activated, the water can go as high as 560 feet into the air, but to save money, only two pumps are used.
Business owners say that tourists who come to Fountain Hills to see the attraction are frustrated that they didn’t get there in time, and don’t want to stick around for the next show. The businessmen and women are suggesting that at least one pump be left on so that something is happening with the fountain, with the second and third pumps being used for a more spectacular show once an hour.
“I think that there’s a feeling that some businesses feel that even if one pump was running, it would show that it is the famous Fountain Hills fountain,” said Town Manager Ken Buchanan, adding that would cost far more than the $150,000 that the town has budgeted for the fountain.
Buchanan said the town is trying to come up with a solution.
“Currently, we’re working with the Fountain Hills Sanitary district with the potential of an intergovernmental agreement to operate the lake [that the fountain is in the middle of],” he said. “There’s some opportunities there.”
Buchanan said it could be several months before the town council decides what to do about the situation.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development