For school-aged kids, getting back into the swing of things can be a challenge.
Easier said than done, but sticking to a daily routine can give your child an edge when it comes to excelling in school and life.
“When kids have consistency and routine and they can predict what’s going to happen, they feel more secure and they’re more successful,” Michelle Cardini, co-founder of the non-profit MASK, Mothers Awareness on School-Aged Kids said.
Whether it’s a morning or afternoon schedule, address the possibility that it might need some tweaking, “talking as a family together, trying to figure out ways you can improve it to make it a little smoother — what worked last year, what didn’t work. Maybe adjusting it a little bit,” Cardini said.
Some of her suggestions for getting children on a workable schedule include designating a time and place for study, having them fill out a to-do list, encouraging them to keep their supplies, clothing, equipment and personal belongings organized.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them