For school-aged kids, getting back into the swing of things can be a challenge.
Easier said than done, but sticking to a daily routine can give your child an edge when it comes to excelling in school and life.
“When kids have consistency and routine and they can predict what’s going to happen, they feel more secure and they’re more successful,” Michelle Cardini, co-founder of the non-profit MASK, Mothers Awareness on School-Aged Kids said.
Whether it’s a morning or afternoon schedule, address the possibility that it might need some tweaking, “talking as a family together, trying to figure out ways you can improve it to make it a little smoother — what worked last year, what didn’t work. Maybe adjusting it a little bit,” Cardini said.
Some of her suggestions for getting children on a workable schedule include designating a time and place for study, having them fill out a to-do list, encouraging them to keep their supplies, clothing, equipment and personal belongings organized.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development