With classes starting at Arizona State University next week, many students are back on campus and may be ready to party on Mill Ave. this weekend.
ASU police will be there as well.
“Mill Avenue is handled by Tempe police,” said ASU Assistant Police Chief Jim Hardina. “However, we’re working with them on a DUI task force this weekend. Next weekend, we are actually having an officer assigned to their alcohol enforcement detail.”
Hardina said that ASU police want students to have a good time, but they also want to keep underage people out of bars and to make sure those who are out are not drinking too much.
Hardina said there are several things that students can do to keep themselves safe while they’re out on the town.
“Don’t be paranoid, but use common sense,” he said. “If you are aware of your surroundings, use the buddy system, let people know what you’re doing and where you’re going and you can really increase your safety.”
Once school starts next week, ASU police officers will be out enforcing traffic, pedestrian and bike laws around the Tempe campus.
“The first week will be warnings and education,” said Hardina. “We just want to educate the new students on what the laws are in Arizona. Starting the second week of school, and on throughout the semester, it will be enforcement of the pedestrian and bike violations.”
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food