With classes starting at Arizona State University next week, many students are back on campus and may be ready to party on Mill Ave. this weekend.
ASU police will be there as well.
“Mill Avenue is handled by Tempe police,” said ASU Assistant Police Chief Jim Hardina. “However, we’re working with them on a DUI task force this weekend. Next weekend, we are actually having an officer assigned to their alcohol enforcement detail.”
Hardina said that ASU police want students to have a good time, but they also want to keep underage people out of bars and to make sure those who are out are not drinking too much.
Hardina said there are several things that students can do to keep themselves safe while they’re out on the town.
“Don’t be paranoid, but use common sense,” he said. “If you are aware of your surroundings, use the buddy system, let people know what you’re doing and where you’re going and you can really increase your safety.”
Once school starts next week, ASU police officers will be out enforcing traffic, pedestrian and bike laws around the Tempe campus.
“The first week will be warnings and education,” said Hardina. “We just want to educate the new students on what the laws are in Arizona. Starting the second week of school, and on throughout the semester, it will be enforcement of the pedestrian and bike violations.”
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development