Arizona State University student and Team Canada diver Riley McCormick said he was “wowed” by the recent Olympic Games in London.
“The wow factor was definitely up there on this one,” the 20-year-old diver told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Karie & Chuck Show, comparing this Olympic experience to the one he had in Beijing in 2008.
McCormick, who finished 11th overall, said the opening and closing ceremonies in London were better for him because, frankly, he could understand what was going on due to the ceremony being in English.
“You’re immersed in massive stadium with thousands and thousands of people,” he said. “It was a really cool feeling.”
While walking in the ceremonies among the likes of LeBron James and Roger Federer, the Canadian-born McCormick said the best part of the London Games was meeting fellow ASU great James Harden.
“I’d always been following him because of the ASU relationship,” he said.
McCormick is due to return to Tempe next week to begin his junior year, where he will focus on taking the NCAA diving crown (he was a runner-up last year) and earning his degree.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food