The yellow Nike running shoes worn by Olympic athletes are flying off store shelves here in the Valley.
Ron French with the Runner’s Den in Phoenix said the shoes are a fashion statement in the sports world.
“We’ve been getting numerous calls on these shoes,” he said. “When my book keeper came in this morning ,it’s the first thing we talked about, these yellow shoes.”
The bright yellow color is called Volt and it’s available in a variety of shoe styles. French said many people are wearing them as a fashion statement, not just for athletic performance.
“They’re just noticing the color and it’s so dominating on the athlete’s foot,” he said. “So I think that’s what’s attracting them.”
The Volt color was first introduced about six months ago. French said it will be a popular accent color in the Spring.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development