Just minutes after thanking Colorado police for their work in the Batman massacre, the father of victim Alex Teves lashed out at the media’s coverage of the mass shooting and several others.
In a post on Tumblr, Associated Press reported Peter Solomon Banda posted, in full, Tom Teves’ open letter that slammed media for their “sensationalized” coverage.
In the letter, Teves said that he spent about an hour watching both Fox News and CNN and saw both the face and name of several shooters, including his son’s killer and that of Tucson shooter Jared Loughner.
Teves, a proponent of media not naming Colorado shooter James Holmes, said he sees no reason for media to further the infamy of mass shooters by constantly showing their image and reiterating their names.
Report the facts but have the courage to keep the sensationalism out of the news and stop being part of the story.
Teves goes on to say that the actions of the media encourage further shootings and the blood of at least a fre victims are on the media’s hands.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development