Just minutes after thanking Colorado police for their work in the Batman massacre, the father of victim Alex Teves lashed out at the media’s coverage of the mass shooting and several others.
In a post on Tumblr, Associated Press reported Peter Solomon Banda posted, in full, Tom Teves’ open letter that slammed media for their “sensationalized” coverage.
In the letter, Teves said that he spent about an hour watching both Fox News and CNN and saw both the face and name of several shooters, including his son’s killer and that of Tucson shooter Jared Loughner.
Teves, a proponent of media not naming Colorado shooter James Holmes, said he sees no reason for media to further the infamy of mass shooters by constantly showing their image and reiterating their names.
Report the facts but have the courage to keep the sensationalism out of the news and stop being part of the story.
Teves goes on to say that the actions of the media encourage further shootings and the blood of at least a fre victims are on the media’s hands.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them