A Phoenix police officer has been arrested and charged with 10 counts of sexual misconduct with a minor, Police Chief Daniel Garcia announced Wednesday morning.
The charges against Detective Christopher J. Wilson, 43, range from a felony 2 to a felony 6. He was arrested Tuesday night.
The minors are 14 and 17-year-old males.
“The investigation came forth on the courageous acts of a 14-year-old male,” Garcia said. “He brought to us allegations of sexual misconduct by our officer. The investigation then revealed a second victim, a 17-year-old male.”
Wilson, a 13-year veteran of the department assigned to community relations, has resigned. He is being held without bond. His next scheduled court appearance is Aug. 15.
Garcia called the detective’s actions “a disturbing violation of the community trust.”
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode