A Phoenix police officer has been arrested and charged with 10 counts of sexual misconduct with a minor, Police Chief Daniel Garcia announced Wednesday morning.
The charges against Detective Christopher J. Wilson, 43, range from a felony 2 to a felony 6. He was arrested Tuesday night.
The minors are 14 and 17-year-old males.
“The investigation came forth on the courageous acts of a 14-year-old male,” Garcia said. “He brought to us allegations of sexual misconduct by our officer. The investigation then revealed a second victim, a 17-year-old male.”
Wilson, a 13-year veteran of the department assigned to community relations, has resigned. He is being held without bond. His next scheduled court appearance is Aug. 15.
Garcia called the detective’s actions “a disturbing violation of the community trust.”
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths