PHOENIX — An ill-advised communication has cost a Valley CEO his job.
According to the Arizona Republic, Green Global CEO Mike Hoffman ‘accidentally’ sent an email this week to Councilwoman Jenn Daniels, asking her to reconsider her vote in turning down a contract for his company.
He seemingly offered campaign help in exchange for Dnaiels’ vote on the company’s proposal to put solar panels on streetlights.
Hoffman has resigned.
Michael Hayes with Momentum Specialized Staffing said many people have sent off a regrettable email, adding that trying to cover it up makes the situation worse.
“Don’t make excuses. Just fall on the sword,” Hayes said.
Maybe someone has sent out a nasty instant message to the boss, or a co-worker. In almost all cases that adds up to one thing.
“You could end up getting fired,” Hayes said.
And Hayes said social media is the last place to vent about bosses.
“That gets out a lot faster and you can’t delete it fast enough and everybody is going to see it.”
To add insult to injury, an embarrassing email often goes well beyond the intended recipient.
“That email could get forwarded out to the entire company and people love to send out issues like that. So you could have a huge forest fire of information.”
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night