PHOENIX — An ill-advised communication has cost a Valley CEO his job.
According to the Arizona Republic, Green Global CEO Mike Hoffman ‘accidentally’ sent an email this week to Councilwoman Jenn Daniels, asking her to reconsider her vote in turning down a contract for his company.
He seemingly offered campaign help in exchange for Dnaiels’ vote on the company’s proposal to put solar panels on streetlights.
Hoffman has resigned.
Michael Hayes with Momentum Specialized Staffing said many people have sent off a regrettable email, adding that trying to cover it up makes the situation worse.
“Don’t make excuses. Just fall on the sword,” Hayes said.
Maybe someone has sent out a nasty instant message to the boss, or a co-worker. In almost all cases that adds up to one thing.
“You could end up getting fired,” Hayes said.
And Hayes said social media is the last place to vent about bosses.
“That gets out a lot faster and you can’t delete it fast enough and everybody is going to see it.”
To add insult to injury, an embarrassing email often goes well beyond the intended recipient.
“That email could get forwarded out to the entire company and people love to send out issues like that. So you could have a huge forest fire of information.”
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food