PHOENIX — An ill-advised communication has cost a Valley CEO his job.
According to the Arizona Republic, Green Global CEO Mike Hoffman ‘accidentally’ sent an email this week to Councilwoman Jenn Daniels, asking her to reconsider her vote in turning down a contract for his company.
He seemingly offered campaign help in exchange for Dnaiels’ vote on the company’s proposal to put solar panels on streetlights.
Hoffman has resigned.
Michael Hayes with Momentum Specialized Staffing said many people have sent off a regrettable email, adding that trying to cover it up makes the situation worse.
“Don’t make excuses. Just fall on the sword,” Hayes said.
Maybe someone has sent out a nasty instant message to the boss, or a co-worker. In almost all cases that adds up to one thing.
“You could end up getting fired,” Hayes said.
And Hayes said social media is the last place to vent about bosses.
“That gets out a lot faster and you can’t delete it fast enough and everybody is going to see it.”
To add insult to injury, an embarrassing email often goes well beyond the intended recipient.
“That email could get forwarded out to the entire company and people love to send out issues like that. So you could have a huge forest fire of information.”
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match