Things are getting a little more Christian in southern Texas.
According to the Bee-Picayune writer Paul Gonzales, a man, Ernesto Garza, brought the possibly holy tortilla into the newsroom.
Garza said he was eating his taco, but set it down to kill a flying insect. When he looked down, the face of Jesus was staring back at him.
“I’d been eating it and hadn’t seen it,” Garza said. “It made me a little nervous. I was wondering what was going on here.”
Aside from possibly seeing Jesus’ face on his tortilla, Garza said another odd thing happened on that fateful morning.
“I usually get up and go to the counter to get my taco,” Garza recalled. “But this morning, a little girl, about five years old, brought my tacos to my table.”
Garza said he had never seen the little girl before.
The tortilla is currently in Garza’s refrigerator while he figures out what to do with it.
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl