FLORENCE, Arizona — Four inmates from the Arizona State Prison Complex Eyman
in Florence are hospitalized with suspected botulism poisoning.
Pinal County authorities say the source is believed to be contraband
They say the process to confirm botulism takes time, but proactive treatment
can begin after consultation with the Centers for Disease Control and
Once the CDC receives preliminary confirmation that botulism poisoning may have
sickened individuals, the CDC authorizes the release of anti-toxin to the state.
The CDC has released the anti-toxin to the Arizona Department of Health
Services, which is delivering it to the medical providers who are treating the
affected inmates whose names haven’t been released.
Authorities say three of the four inmates are reported to be in stable
condition with the condition of the fourth undisclosed.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon