New details are emerging in the case of a Phoenix woman accused of gunning down her husband.
Prosecutors suggested that they may have captured Rebecca Mellon shooting her husband, Donald, on camera.
“There’s an actual video of the murder occurring,” said prosecutor Blaine Gadow. “Video of the defendant obtaining a weapon — a handgun — and walking into the room where the victim is sitting and shooting him.”
Gadow said the victim was shot in the head.
A further review of the police report said Rebecca Mellon waited to call 911 for several minutes and did not attempt to help her husband in any way.
Police noted that they had been called to the residence previously in response to domestic violence claims.
Additional court appearances in the case are scheduled for next week.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck