An East Valley woman, who is rated America’s top weightlifter, will make her Olympic debut on Sunday in London.
Craig Rintoul, who has trained with Sarah Robles for almost five years, said he had a feeling when he first saw her lift that he would be watching her in the Olympics one day.
“If all the stars align, and Sarah had the perfect day, she could be right in there for medal contention,” he said. “Gold medals? I don’t know. She’s looking at the top five, maybe the bronze, because you never know what’s going to happen with the people above you. They can miss, they can bomb out, the can get hurt.”
Rintoul said Robles’ main job is to focus on her lifts, not the other competitors.
According to Rintoul, Robles was living on a $400 per month stipend from USA Weightlifting and needed donations to get to London.
“A lot of her money goes to living expenses,” he said. “She doesn’t have money to do things.”
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development