PHOENIX — Phoenix Sky Harbor will be a testing ground for a new way to order and pay for meals.
HMS Host, which operates many of the restaurants at Sky Harbor, is trying out a new touch-screen tablet that will allow customers to order and pay, without leaving the table.
“They can order right away, as soon as they sit at the table, without having to wait,” said Paul Mamalian with HMS Host. “They can also pay their bill at any time, using their credit card, and have the bill emailed to them.”
The first restaurant at the airport to use the Presto tablet system is the Taberna del Tequila in Terminal Four, but if the program works out, most of the other restaurant could soon follow suit.
“Our hope is that we are able to launch it out to other restaurants and locations in Phoenix and locations around the country,” said Mamalian.
The tablet will also allow customers to get recommendations, split bills and play games while they wait for their order.
Sky Harbor was chosen because of its demographics and the city’s appreciation for new technology, Mamalian said.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night