PHOENIX — Phoenix Sky Harbor will be a testing ground for a new way to order and pay for meals.
HMS Host, which operates many of the restaurants at Sky Harbor, is trying out a new touch-screen tablet that will allow customers to order and pay, without leaving the table.
“They can order right away, as soon as they sit at the table, without having to wait,” said Paul Mamalian with HMS Host. “They can also pay their bill at any time, using their credit card, and have the bill emailed to them.”
The first restaurant at the airport to use the Presto tablet system is the Taberna del Tequila in Terminal Four, but if the program works out, most of the other restaurant could soon follow suit.
“Our hope is that we are able to launch it out to other restaurants and locations in Phoenix and locations around the country,” said Mamalian.
The tablet will also allow customers to get recommendations, split bills and play games while they wait for their order.
Sky Harbor was chosen because of its demographics and the city’s appreciation for new technology, Mamalian said.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments