PHOENIX — Phoenix Sky Harbor will be a testing ground for a new way to order and pay for meals.
HMS Host, which operates many of the restaurants at Sky Harbor, is trying out a new touch-screen tablet that will allow customers to order and pay, without leaving the table.
“They can order right away, as soon as they sit at the table, without having to wait,” said Paul Mamalian with HMS Host. “They can also pay their bill at any time, using their credit card, and have the bill emailed to them.”
The first restaurant at the airport to use the Presto tablet system is the Taberna del Tequila in Terminal Four, but if the program works out, most of the other restaurant could soon follow suit.
“Our hope is that we are able to launch it out to other restaurants and locations in Phoenix and locations around the country,” said Mamalian.
The tablet will also allow customers to get recommendations, split bills and play games while they wait for their order.
Sky Harbor was chosen because of its demographics and the city’s appreciation for new technology, Mamalian said.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon