PHOENIX — Phoenix Sky Harbor will be a testing ground for a new way to order and pay for meals.
HMS Host, which operates many of the restaurants at Sky Harbor, is trying out a new touch-screen tablet that will allow customers to order and pay, without leaving the table.
“They can order right away, as soon as they sit at the table, without having to wait,” said Paul Mamalian with HMS Host. “They can also pay their bill at any time, using their credit card, and have the bill emailed to them.”
The first restaurant at the airport to use the Presto tablet system is the Taberna del Tequila in Terminal Four, but if the program works out, most of the other restaurant could soon follow suit.
“Our hope is that we are able to launch it out to other restaurants and locations in Phoenix and locations around the country,” said Mamalian.
The tablet will also allow customers to get recommendations, split bills and play games while they wait for their order.
Sky Harbor was chosen because of its demographics and the city’s appreciation for new technology, Mamalian said.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier