Whether you’re on a cruise, at the beach or staycationing at a Valley resort, there’s one poolside ploy that really irks a lot of people.
You may think it’s no big deal saving an empty poolside lounge chair by throwing a towel over it, but a TripAdvisor Pool Etiquette Survey found that 84 percent of people get agitated when others save chairs and more than a third of respondents said there should be a 30-minute limit.
Debbie Kellam, with the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa in Phoenix, said the seven-acre water park’s staff is trained to watch for empty seats.
“Essentially, look for personally belongings — shoes, sunglasses, beach bags or food and beverage items — that are there and consider those as occupied seats,” she said.
More cruise lines and resorts are introducing or considering introducing chair-etiquette rules.
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees