An evacuation order at San Antonio International Airport affected two flights between Texas and Phoenix on Wednesday.
When the evacuation order was passed down, there were four flights scheduled to depart from Phoenix destined for San Antonio with one in the air. That flight was diverted to Austin, according to FlightView.com. Four flights were scheduled to depart San Antonio destined for Phoenix, one of which was delayed.
Operations will continued as normal at Phoenix Sky Harbor.
San Antonio International Airport spokesman Rich Johnson said that someone called the airport making a “very specific” threat but did not elaborate. He said passengers inside the terminal were herded onto the tarmac and that arriving planes are staying parked away from the gates.
Johnson says the evacuation order was called at 2:35 p.m. CST.
San Antonio police and several federal agencies investigated the threat.
Information from the Associated Press was used in this report.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon