An evacuation order at San Antonio International Airport affected two flights between Texas and Phoenix on Wednesday.
When the evacuation order was passed down, there were four flights scheduled to depart from Phoenix destined for San Antonio with one in the air. That flight was diverted to Austin, according to FlightView.com. Four flights were scheduled to depart San Antonio destined for Phoenix, one of which was delayed.
Operations will continued as normal at Phoenix Sky Harbor.
San Antonio International Airport spokesman Rich Johnson said that someone called the airport making a “very specific” threat but did not elaborate. He said passengers inside the terminal were herded onto the tarmac and that arriving planes are staying parked away from the gates.
Johnson says the evacuation order was called at 2:35 p.m. CST.
San Antonio police and several federal agencies investigated the threat.
Information from the Associated Press was used in this report.
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl