SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — A new technology company called Stremor said it’s fully funded and ready to do business.
The company said it’s focused on making new methodologies for online content. It’s one of the growing number of businesses that decided to start in the Valley instead of California’s Silicon Valley.
Stremor has a lot of company. A number of California companies have already relocated here.
“We’ve been drawing companies like Yelp, eBay, PayPal, out of the San Francisco Bay area,” said Barry Broome of the Greater Phoenix Economic Council.
Broome said companies are discovering that it’s cheaper to live and do business in the Phoenix area. He said the Valley is looking more attractive to technology business.
“It’s our ability to continue to create a great environment for small business formation,” said Broome. “This kind of speaks to some of the work that the governor and the legislature’s done to help keep the market free and open.”
There’s no doubt in Broome’s mind that the Valley will soon replace Silicon Valley as the place for companies to locate.
“Arizona’s leading the nation in small-business job growth,” said Broome. “The greater Phoenix region is leading the nation in new company startups.”
Broome said that Arizona needs to make sure that workers here are qualified for the jobs that come with those companies.
“The only thing we need to do more effectively to replace Silicon Valley is do a better job of intentionally planting the kind of science and technology infrastructure necessary to elevate us above and beyond Silicon Valley,” said Broome.
Broome believes Phoenix could replace Silicon Valley within five years.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night