The “F-bomb” could get you fouled at work.
“If you ever watch George Carlin’s those seven words you can’t use on TV, I think I’ve used every one of them,” joked Michael D. Hayes, with Momentum Specialized Staffing, adding that is why he bought his own company, so he could curse.
Hayes said there is always a time and place for everything, and suggested you keep that in mind when you interact with other co-workers.
Some workplace environments are conducive for certain types of conversations, but foul-mouthed employees could be disciplined for using expletives.
According to a Harris Interactive study, 64 percent of employers said “they would think less” of an employee who used colorful language in the workplace. Fifty-seven percent said they’d be “less likely” to promote someone who curses.
The study included more than 2,000 hiring managers and 3,800 workers across industries and company sizes.
Phoenix was named in the study, falling into the top 10 list for cities where workers would most like likely swear at work.
The city most likely to swear at work was Washington, D.C., according to the survey.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development