The “F-bomb” could get you fouled at work.
“If you ever watch George Carlin’s those seven words you can’t use on TV, I think I’ve used every one of them,” joked Michael D. Hayes, with Momentum Specialized Staffing, adding that is why he bought his own company, so he could curse.
Hayes said there is always a time and place for everything, and suggested you keep that in mind when you interact with other co-workers.
Some workplace environments are conducive for certain types of conversations, but foul-mouthed employees could be disciplined for using expletives.
According to a Harris Interactive study, 64 percent of employers said “they would think less” of an employee who used colorful language in the workplace. Fifty-seven percent said they’d be “less likely” to promote someone who curses.
The study included more than 2,000 hiring managers and 3,800 workers across industries and company sizes.
Phoenix was named in the study, falling into the top 10 list for cities where workers would most like likely swear at work.
The city most likely to swear at work was Washington, D.C., according to the survey.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.