The “F-bomb” could get you fouled at work.
“If you ever watch George Carlin’s those seven words you can’t use on TV, I think I’ve used every one of them,” joked Michael D. Hayes, with Momentum Specialized Staffing, adding that is why he bought his own company, so he could curse.
Hayes said there is always a time and place for everything, and suggested you keep that in mind when you interact with other co-workers.
Some workplace environments are conducive for certain types of conversations, but foul-mouthed employees could be disciplined for using expletives.
According to a Harris Interactive study, 64 percent of employers said “they would think less” of an employee who used colorful language in the workplace. Fifty-seven percent said they’d be “less likely” to promote someone who curses.
The study included more than 2,000 hiring managers and 3,800 workers across industries and company sizes.
Phoenix was named in the study, falling into the top 10 list for cities where workers would most like likely swear at work.
The city most likely to swear at work was Washington, D.C., according to the survey.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food