One of the victims in the mass shooting at an Aurora movie theater originally
hailed from Ahwatukee.
The 24-year-old victim Alex Teves was a 2006 graduate of Desert Vista
High School in the Tempe Unified School District. He also just completed
graduate school at the University of Colorado.
Teves’ grandmother Mildred confirmed the family was notified Friday night
that Alex was killed. His father Thomas is in route from Arizona to
Alex’s aunt Barbara Slivinske said that Alex finished graduate school in
June and was planning on becoming a physical therapist. He was in long
term relationship with girlfriend, Amanda Lindgren. His grandmother said
he was very close to proposing marriage.
Teves was one of the 12 people killed in a random shooting at the midnight
showing of the new movie “The Dark Knight Rises.”
There has been an outpouring of support on Twitter in honor of Teves’
memory and offering condolences to his family.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon