Hundreds of East Valley students are going back to school this Monday.
Chandler Police Det. Seth Tyler said parents should create a set route with kids if they are walking or riding their bikes.
“Walk that route with your child or drive that route,” he said. “Make sure that your child knows the street names that they’re are walking on or riding their bicycle route. Make sure they use that route — going to school and coming home from school — everyday. If there’s a problem with the route and they want to change it, they have to let you know.”
Tyler also suggested pointing out refuge areas along the way to school, such as a church or a business, in case they come accross a dangerous or suspicious situation.
“Point out some areas of refuge in the event that your child encounters someone suspicious or something dangerous that your child can run to and take some refuge in,” he said.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon