Two firefighters were hurt, one dog died and eight people were displaced in an apartment fire Friday afternoon near 67th and Glendale Avenues.
“We had two firefighters that were injured when parts of the ceiling collapsed on top of them,” said Mike Young with Glendale Fire. “They were able to be pulled out. They are being taken to a local hospital to be evaluated but they are in stable condition at this time.”
Young said firefighters found three dogs trapped in a bedroom.
“Unfortunately, one of the animals succumbed to smoke inhalation,” he said. “The two other dogs are doing well. Of the two dogs that are alive, one of them had to be resuscitated through CPR and assisted with oxygen.”
The cause of the fire is unknown.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon