A former FBI agent said the gunman in a Colorado shooting planned to kill more people.
“It’s very hard to differentiate in this man’s thinking what’s a war game and what a battlefield is and a movie theater,” said former FBI agent Jack Cloonan on News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Karie & Chuck Show. “He saw it all in the same context.”
Cloonan said suspected shooter James Holmes is obviously intelligent and while that’s not unusual with killers, he still has a very dark and twisted way of thinking.
“I suggest to you that booby trapping his apartment was done specifically to hit the first responders because they perhaps represent, in this man’s twisted view, the government,” he said.
Cloonan also wondered if Holmes acted alone in carrying out the massacre.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food