Local theater chains are taking a closer look at how they operate and secure their facilities in the wake of the Colorado shootings.
In a statement, Arizona-based Harkins Theatres said:
The entire [Harkins Theatres] organization is grieving with the community of Aurora, Colorado, today. Our thoughts and prayers are with the families and the victims of of this horrific random act.
Harkins said it will adjust security procedures as necessary.
AMC Theaters, that has eight locations in the Valley and one in Tucson, posted to its Facebook page that it initiated an immediate ban on people in costume, masks or those wanting to carry in fake weapons.
AMC said it would offer refunds to moviegoers who chose to stay home.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development