Police are looking for a shooter and a driver of a white Dodge Intrepid that were involved in a drive-by shooting near 24th Street and Roeser Road on Thursday.
“It was driven by a black female and she had a black male passenger,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Tommy Thompson.
Several people were talking outside the home when the shooting took place.
“For some reason, the black male passenger began to fire at those people,” said Thompson. “He struck two of the individuals. One was shot in the foot and one was shot in the waist area.”
A 1-year-old boy was also outside the home but was not injured.
“The one who was shot in the waist actually had a 1-year-old son,” said Thompson. “He went to the ground to make sure he protected that child and that’s when we beleive he was shot.”
Thompson said both victims are expected to recover.
It’s not clear what motive was behind the shooting.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development