Police are looking for a shooter and a driver of a white Dodge Intrepid that were involved in a drive-by shooting near 24th Street and Roeser Road on Thursday.
“It was driven by a black female and she had a black male passenger,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Tommy Thompson.
Several people were talking outside the home when the shooting took place.
“For some reason, the black male passenger began to fire at those people,” said Thompson. “He struck two of the individuals. One was shot in the foot and one was shot in the waist area.”
A 1-year-old boy was also outside the home but was not injured.
“The one who was shot in the waist actually had a 1-year-old son,” said Thompson. “He went to the ground to make sure he protected that child and that’s when we beleive he was shot.”
Thompson said both victims are expected to recover.
It’s not clear what motive was behind the shooting.
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees