Police are looking for a shooter and a driver of a white Dodge Intrepid that were involved in a drive-by shooting near 24th Street and Roeser Road on Thursday.
“It was driven by a black female and she had a black male passenger,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Tommy Thompson.
Several people were talking outside the home when the shooting took place.
“For some reason, the black male passenger began to fire at those people,” said Thompson. “He struck two of the individuals. One was shot in the foot and one was shot in the waist area.”
A 1-year-old boy was also outside the home but was not injured.
“The one who was shot in the waist actually had a 1-year-old son,” said Thompson. “He went to the ground to make sure he protected that child and that’s when we beleive he was shot.”
Thompson said both victims are expected to recover.
It’s not clear what motive was behind the shooting.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains