A Gilbert man is behind bars for having dozens of child pornography photos in his home.
Gilbert Police Sgt. Bill Balafas said Jeremy Baland, 31, was arrested earlier this week.
“We got a call from a resident of our town who stated she found some child pornography in her husband’s belongings,” he said.
Jeremy Baland wasn’t home at the time his wife, Elisa Baland, discovered the binder.
“I freaked out,” she said, adding that she called the police before her husband.
Elisa Baland was married to Jeremy Baland for about six months, but knew she had an obligation to call police immediately.
“There was never any question in my mind what I needed to do,” she said.
Jeremy Baland admitted to the responding officer that he had a diaper fetish and a pornography addiction.
Jeremy Baland also told the officer that, when he was 15, an unidentified 55-year-old man told him where to find child pornography. He said the white binder in question had been in his possession since he was 15.
“[Jeremy Baland] told me about some specific photos that were in the binder, and told me he placed them in the binder because it reminded him when he was little,” a report from Gilbert Police read.
Gilbert police is not releasing further details on the investigation at this time, but said they are also looking into possible child porn content on Jeremy Baland’s computer.
According to Elisa Baland, her husband is looking at a very long jail sentence, possibly one that keeps him behind bars for life.
“His choices put him there,” she said.
Jeremy Baland told police that he had child pornography on his home computer network, but had deleted most of them recently.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident
- Cindy McCain talks Syrians refugees’ plight, trafficking in Arizona