A Gilbert man is behind bars for having dozens of child pornography photos in his home.
Gilbert Police Sgt. Bill Balafas said Jeremy Baland, 31, was arrested earlier this week.
“We got a call from a resident of our town who stated she found some child pornography in her husband’s belongings,” he said.
Jeremy Baland wasn’t home at the time his wife, Elisa Baland, discovered the binder.
“I freaked out,” she said, adding that she called the police before her husband.
Elisa Baland was married to Jeremy Baland for about six months, but knew she had an obligation to call police immediately.
“There was never any question in my mind what I needed to do,” she said.
Jeremy Baland admitted to the responding officer that he had a diaper fetish and a pornography addiction.
Jeremy Baland also told the officer that, when he was 15, an unidentified 55-year-old man told him where to find child pornography. He said the white binder in question had been in his possession since he was 15.
“[Jeremy Baland] told me about some specific photos that were in the binder, and told me he placed them in the binder because it reminded him when he was little,” a report from Gilbert Police read.
Gilbert police is not releasing further details on the investigation at this time, but said they are also looking into possible child porn content on Jeremy Baland’s computer.
According to Elisa Baland, her husband is looking at a very long jail sentence, possibly one that keeps him behind bars for life.
“His choices put him there,” she said.
Jeremy Baland told police that he had child pornography on his home computer network, but had deleted most of them recently.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- ‘Supernatural’ TV show convention comes to Arizona
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident