A Gilbert man is behind bars for having dozens of child pornography photos in his home.
Gilbert Police Sgt. Bill Balafas said Jeremy Baland, 31, was arrested earlier this week.
“We got a call from a resident of our town who stated she found some child pornography in her husband’s belongings,” he said.
Jeremy Baland wasn’t home at the time his wife, Elisa Baland, discovered the binder.
“I freaked out,” she said, adding that she called the police before her husband.
Elisa Baland was married to Jeremy Baland for about six months, but knew she had an obligation to call police immediately.
“There was never any question in my mind what I needed to do,” she said.
Jeremy Baland admitted to the responding officer that he had a diaper fetish and a pornography addiction.
Jeremy Baland also told the officer that, when he was 15, an unidentified 55-year-old man told him where to find child pornography. He said the white binder in question had been in his possession since he was 15.
“[Jeremy Baland] told me about some specific photos that were in the binder, and told me he placed them in the binder because it reminded him when he was little,” a report from Gilbert Police read.
Gilbert police is not releasing further details on the investigation at this time, but said they are also looking into possible child porn content on Jeremy Baland’s computer.
According to Elisa Baland, her husband is looking at a very long jail sentence, possibly one that keeps him behind bars for life.
“His choices put him there,” she said.
Jeremy Baland told police that he had child pornography on his home computer network, but had deleted most of them recently.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- ‘Supernatural’ TV show convention comes to Arizona
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident