AT&T just came out with new coverage plans, but they
could hurt your wallet, according to CNNMoney.
AT&T announced Wednesday it will start offering shared data
plans for smartphones, tablets and other similar gadgets,
according to the article. Under the new “mobile share” plan,
all devices in a household will pull from the same data
allotment. Verizon launched a similar plan on June 28.
For many AT&T customers, the new plans could be more
expensive. Currently, the least expensive smartphone plan at
AT&T is $60 a month, according to the article. That plan
gives users 300 MB of data and 450 voice minutes per month.
The cheapest mobile share plan at AT&T costs $85 a month and
comes with 1 GB of data.
Current AT&T customers can keep their existing plans even if
they upgrade their phones for now, according to the article.
Starting in late August, existing and new customers will be
able to choose either shared-data plan.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain