The state health director will make the decision this week if the medical-marijuana program will be expanded to include anxiety, migraines, depression and post-traumatic stress disorder.
A recent University of Arizona study found little or no evidence that medical marijuana would be effective in treating those conditions.
Arizona Health Director Will Humble said there’s not much research in this area to form policy decisions.
The owner of We Grow in Phoenix, the self-proclaimed “Walmart of Weed,” agreed with Humble.
“The research is limited,” said Sunny Singh. “I think you go in and do some new research and go from there.”
Singh said he would like to see medical marijuana being allowed to treat PTSD.
“You see a lot of veterans who have PTSD come in here,” he said. “[Marijuana] calms them down and provides some kind of relief for sure.”
Humble said the medical-marijuana program would expand by about 15,000 people if he allows PTSD as a qualifying condition.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick