The state health director will make the decision this week if the medical-marijuana program will be expanded to include anxiety, migraines, depression and post-traumatic stress disorder.
A recent University of Arizona study found little or no evidence that medical marijuana would be effective in treating those conditions.
Arizona Health Director Will Humble said there’s not much research in this area to form policy decisions.
The owner of We Grow in Phoenix, the self-proclaimed “Walmart of Weed,” agreed with Humble.
“The research is limited,” said Sunny Singh. “I think you go in and do some new research and go from there.”
Singh said he would like to see medical marijuana being allowed to treat PTSD.
“You see a lot of veterans who have PTSD come in here,” he said. “[Marijuana] calms them down and provides some kind of relief for sure.”
Humble said the medical-marijuana program would expand by about 15,000 people if he allows PTSD as a qualifying condition.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development