An Arizona Democratic leader has spoken out against Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s investigation into President Barack Obama’s birth certificate.
“He just wasted time and money on something that has been debunked, something that has been explained,” said Frank Camacho, Arizona Democratic Party Spokesman.
Camacho said that, not only is the furthering of the investigation embarrassing for Arizona, but it also ineffectual.
“Just watch this,” he said. “You listen to their explanations and how lame their explanations were. The simple fact of the matter is, they have no authority, they have no jurisdiction in Hawaii.”
Democratic State Representative Ruben Gallego said this is, above all, an embarrassment and a slap to the law enforcement community and that Arpaio is using taxpayer dollars to engage in conspiracy theories and that’s shameful.
“It’s time for him to retire because he’s not a responsible law enforcement official anymore,” said Gallego.
Camacho said he believes Arpaio is attempting to divert attention away from the start of his racial profiling trial, scheduled to begin Thursday.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets