An Arizona Democratic leader has spoken out against Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s investigation into President Barack Obama’s birth certificate.
“He just wasted time and money on something that has been debunked, something that has been explained,” said Frank Camacho, Arizona Democratic Party Spokesman.
Camacho said that, not only is the furthering of the investigation embarrassing for Arizona, but it also ineffectual.
“Just watch this,” he said. “You listen to their explanations and how lame their explanations were. The simple fact of the matter is, they have no authority, they have no jurisdiction in Hawaii.”
Democratic State Representative Ruben Gallego said this is, above all, an embarrassment and a slap to the law enforcement community and that Arpaio is using taxpayer dollars to engage in conspiracy theories and that’s shameful.
“It’s time for him to retire because he’s not a responsible law enforcement official anymore,” said Gallego.
Camacho said he believes Arpaio is attempting to divert attention away from the start of his racial profiling trial, scheduled to begin Thursday.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments