An Arizona Democratic leader has spoken out against Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s investigation into President Barack Obama’s birth certificate.
“He just wasted time and money on something that has been debunked, something that has been explained,” said Frank Camacho, Arizona Democratic Party Spokesman.
Camacho said that, not only is the furthering of the investigation embarrassing for Arizona, but it also ineffectual.
“Just watch this,” he said. “You listen to their explanations and how lame their explanations were. The simple fact of the matter is, they have no authority, they have no jurisdiction in Hawaii.”
Democratic State Representative Ruben Gallego said this is, above all, an embarrassment and a slap to the law enforcement community and that Arpaio is using taxpayer dollars to engage in conspiracy theories and that’s shameful.
“It’s time for him to retire because he’s not a responsible law enforcement official anymore,” said Gallego.
Camacho said he believes Arpaio is attempting to divert attention away from the start of his racial profiling trial, scheduled to begin Thursday.
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees