Arizona’s Motor Vehicle Division will now let drivers renew their registration on the go via QR codes.
The QR code, basically a two-dimensional bar code, is read by smart phone apps and will now link drivers to ServiceArizona.com to renew their vehicle’s registration while on the move.
The service, called EZ Renewal Mobile, is compatible with all smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices.
“We know the needs of our customers are changing and we want to accommodate people who conduct business while on the go,” said MVD Director Stacey Stanton in a press release.
MVD will also begin using QR codes to link drivers to other popular services.
“We’re seeing a steady increase in customers utilizing mobile devices,” said Stanton. “Our goal is to make it quick and easy to find the information they need or to complete a transaction.”
More information can be found on the MVD’s website.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments