Arizona’s Motor Vehicle Division will now let drivers renew their registration on the go via QR codes.
The QR code, basically a two-dimensional bar code, is read by smart phone apps and will now link drivers to ServiceArizona.com to renew their vehicle’s registration while on the move.
The service, called EZ Renewal Mobile, is compatible with all smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices.
“We know the needs of our customers are changing and we want to accommodate people who conduct business while on the go,” said MVD Director Stacey Stanton in a press release.
MVD will also begin using QR codes to link drivers to other popular services.
“We’re seeing a steady increase in customers utilizing mobile devices,” said Stanton. “Our goal is to make it quick and easy to find the information they need or to complete a transaction.”
More information can be found on the MVD’s website.
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees