Arizona’s Motor Vehicle Division will now let drivers renew their registration on the go via QR codes.
The QR code, basically a two-dimensional bar code, is read by smart phone apps and will now link drivers to ServiceArizona.com to renew their vehicle’s registration while on the move.
The service, called EZ Renewal Mobile, is compatible with all smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices.
“We know the needs of our customers are changing and we want to accommodate people who conduct business while on the go,” said MVD Director Stacey Stanton in a press release.
MVD will also begin using QR codes to link drivers to other popular services.
“We’re seeing a steady increase in customers utilizing mobile devices,” said Stanton. “Our goal is to make it quick and easy to find the information they need or to complete a transaction.”
More information can be found on the MVD’s website.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain