TUCSON, Ariz. — A man accused of killing his daughter was found hanged in
a Pima County jail.
The Arizona Daily Star
reports that 26-year-old Jonathan Niles Kesterson had a bedsheet
around his neck when he was found Saturday.
Kesterson and 21-year-old Olivia Paige Martinez were charged in the January
death of their 11-week-old daughter, Vanessa Martinez.
The baby suffered broken ribs and a subdural hematoma before her death.
Kesterson told police his daughter had died of sudden infant death syndrome
while her mother was watching her.
But Martinez says it was Kesterson who was watching the baby while she
worked at a strip club and, when she returned home, the baby was dead.
Investigators told authorities that he and Martinez buried the child in the
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy