TUCSON, Ariz. — A man accused of killing his daughter was found hanged in
a Pima County jail.
The Arizona Daily Star
reports that 26-year-old Jonathan Niles Kesterson had a bedsheet
around his neck when he was found Saturday.
Kesterson and 21-year-old Olivia Paige Martinez were charged in the January
death of their 11-week-old daughter, Vanessa Martinez.
The baby suffered broken ribs and a subdural hematoma before her death.
Kesterson told police his daughter had died of sudden infant death syndrome
while her mother was watching her.
But Martinez says it was Kesterson who was watching the baby while she
worked at a strip club and, when she returned home, the baby was dead.
Investigators told authorities that he and Martinez buried the child in the
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.