Thousands of people are expected to show up at the Phoenix Convention Center this weekend to get a tattoo.
Over 200 tattoo artists will be offering their services as the Timeless Ink Tour stops in Phoenix. Artist Johnny Quintana said attendees can get just about any kind of tattoo you want.
“Some people have books…that have images that you can choose from or we can actually create some stuff for you, so you can go home with existing artwork or something that nobody else has,” he said.
Organizer Lacy Dupras said that there is more than just tattoos at the event.
“We wanted to give it something else — a car show, a concert — to bring in all types of people,” she said. “You can bring your family.”
Quintana said that tattooing as become much more mainstream and that there is more than enough interest in the subject to hold a convention.
“It’s become a broad art form,” he said. “A lot of people have been getting into it. We have college graduates who are tattooing, we have artists who have been gallery painters who have converted to tattooing.”
The Timeless Ink Tour also features a car show with about 90 classic cars and live music. The event runs through Sunday.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy