PHOENIX — The monsoon delivered quite a punch to the Valley overnight.
In addition to the spectacular thunder and lightning show, Charlotte Dewey with the National Weather Service said Thursday most of the Valley received rainfall.
Some areas of Paradise Valley and Scottsdale received up to three-quarters of an inch of rain. Sky Harbor had about a quarter-inch of rainfall.
The storm knocked out traffic lights and a billboard and cooled off temperatures.
“It was a good storm,” Dewey said. “We got quite a bit of rain out of it and we needed it. It was actually quite a few storms, they were isolated and scattered. It was not any one large storm but storms kept popping up one after another.”
Dewey said there could be more storm activity today.
“Hard to pinpoint where the storms are going to develop and move but Phoenix has a good chance of seeing storms through Saturday.”
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains