PHOENIX — The monsoon delivered quite a punch to the Valley overnight.
In addition to the spectacular thunder and lightning show, Charlotte Dewey with the National Weather Service said Thursday most of the Valley received rainfall.
Some areas of Paradise Valley and Scottsdale received up to three-quarters of an inch of rain. Sky Harbor had about a quarter-inch of rainfall.
The storm knocked out traffic lights and a billboard and cooled off temperatures.
“It was a good storm,” Dewey said. “We got quite a bit of rain out of it and we needed it. It was actually quite a few storms, they were isolated and scattered. It was not any one large storm but storms kept popping up one after another.”
Dewey said there could be more storm activity today.
“Hard to pinpoint where the storms are going to develop and move but Phoenix has a good chance of seeing storms through Saturday.”
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them