PHOENIX — The monsoon delivered quite a punch to the Valley overnight.
In addition to the spectacular thunder and lightning show, Charlotte Dewey with the National Weather Service said Thursday most of the Valley received rainfall.
Some areas of Paradise Valley and Scottsdale received up to three-quarters of an inch of rain. Sky Harbor had about a quarter-inch of rainfall.
The storm knocked out traffic lights and a billboard and cooled off temperatures.
“It was a good storm,” Dewey said. “We got quite a bit of rain out of it and we needed it. It was actually quite a few storms, they were isolated and scattered. It was not any one large storm but storms kept popping up one after another.”
Dewey said there could be more storm activity today.
“Hard to pinpoint where the storms are going to develop and move but Phoenix has a good chance of seeing storms through Saturday.”
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match