Arizona kids may not be challenged enough in school.
A U.S. Department of Education study said 37 percent of fourth graders said math is too easy and 57 percent of eighth graders said history is too easy.
Arizona Superintendent John Huppenthal said that, despite national statistics, Arizona schools are making progress.
“Our schools are progressively doing better,” he said. “Right now, we rank somewhere around 20th in the nation in the quality of our schools.”
Huppenthal said Arizona is challenging students by using a blended learning environment.
“Students are in digital environments for part of the day and they’re in classroom environments for part of the day,” he said.
The digital technology helps keep students engaged.
“They move right to the edge of their ability, so they’re in an environment in which they’re challenged right at the edge, every day,” said Huppenthal.
According to Huppenthal, teacher training is still a top priority.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick