Car washes near Eloy were anything but squeaky clean, said the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies said truckers would meet up at the washes to buy meth and cocaine, drugs to stay awake during long hauls.
“We do not want people driving commercial 18-wheelers to be high on methamphetamine,” said Elias Johnson with PCSO.
Johnson said over a dozen people were busted after a month-long investigation called Operation: Big Rig.
“The target group that these folks were trying to lure and sell to were people with commercial trucking licenses,” he said.”
Johnson said the drugs were not being transported elsewhere.
Detectives seized substantial amounts of cash and drugs.
About half of the drug-selling suspects were turned over to Border Patrol.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck