PHOENIX — Arizona Attorney General Tom Horne said there will be no surprises in Washington on Wednesday when the U.S. House votes on what is called “Obamacare.”
“The House will repeal Obamacare. The Senate will not. It’s a symbolic gesture to set up the contrast for voters when the decide on the president and Senate in November,” he said.
Horne said legally the Supreme Court has approved Obamacare but its future in the hands of American voters.
“In a representative republic you want people to decide if they want this or not.”
Arizona was one of 26 states that sued the federal government over the law. Backlash over the health-care bill helped Republicans win elections and take control of the House in 2010.
Horne believes that the same situation could happen in the Senate come November.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development