Highway 87 has been reopened in northern Arizona, but the fight against the Canyon Fire continues.
Fire had parts of the 87 closed most of Saturday and Sunday morning
Coconino National Forest, mainly in the Winslow area. The fire has now reached
over 5,000 acres.
The fire is located approximately 15 miles northeast of the Blue
Reservoir in the Jacks Canyon area.
The fire is expected to grow to the northeast, where there is very
foliage for it to spread. Around 150 personnel are working to keep
fire from spreading to the south, where it would threaten homes.
No structures are threatened as of now by the Canyon Fire, which
just after 7:00 a.m. Friday.
Authorities believe the fire was started by lightning.
No residents have been asked to evacuate the area.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon