Highway 87 has been reopened in northern Arizona, but the fight against the Canyon Fire continues.
Fire had parts of the 87 closed most of Saturday and Sunday morning
Coconino National Forest, mainly in the Winslow area. The fire has now reached
over 5,000 acres.
The fire is located approximately 15 miles northeast of the Blue
Reservoir in the Jacks Canyon area.
The fire is expected to grow to the northeast, where there is very
foliage for it to spread. Around 150 personnel are working to keep
fire from spreading to the south, where it would threaten homes.
No structures are threatened as of now by the Canyon Fire, which
just after 7:00 a.m. Friday.
Authorities believe the fire was started by lightning.
No residents have been asked to evacuate the area.
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees