The 87 Highway is now open after the Canyon
Fire had it closed most of Saturday and Sunday morning in the
Coconino National Forest. The fire has now reached
Authorities from the Coconino National Forest are reporting that
Highway 87 was shut down most of Saturday from just northeast of
to Winslow, and was reopened Sunday around 10 a.m.
The fire is located approximately 15 miles northeast of the Blue
Reservoir in the Jacks Canyon area.
The fire is expected to grow to the north east, where there is very
foliage for it to spread. Around 120 personnel are working to keep
fire from spreading to the south, where it would threaten homes.
No structures are threatened as of now by the Canyon Fire, which
just after 7 a.m. Friday.
Authorities believe the fire was started by lightning.
No residents have been asked to evacuate the area.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America