The 87 Highway is now open after the Canyon
Fire had it closed most of Saturday and Sunday morning in the
Coconino National Forest. The fire has now reached
Authorities from the Coconino National Forest are reporting that
Highway 87 was shut down most of Saturday from just northeast of
to Winslow, and was reopened Sunday around 10 a.m.
The fire is located approximately 15 miles northeast of the Blue
Reservoir in the Jacks Canyon area.
The fire is expected to grow to the north east, where there is very
foliage for it to spread. Around 120 personnel are working to keep
fire from spreading to the south, where it would threaten homes.
No structures are threatened as of now by the Canyon Fire, which
just after 7 a.m. Friday.
Authorities believe the fire was started by lightning.
No residents have been asked to evacuate the area.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night